Saturday, December 13, 2008

tupac shakur

All I'm trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me. Tupac Shakur All the stuff I say in my rhymes I say because of how I grew up. So instead of going to a pyschiatrist, I got a kids' group that deals with the problems a younger generation is going through. Tupac Shakur America wants its respect. Tupac Shakur Death Row East is gonna be a personification of what we did on the West Side. We gonna prove once that all these people talking 'bout a East Coast West Coast war. Tupac Shakur Don't change on me. Don't extort me unless you intend to do it forever. Tupac Shakur Dre was one of my heros in the music industry. If he's not down for his homeboys, I don't wanna be a part of him or around him. Tupac Shakur Even if they give me the maximum sentence, that's still my job. Tupac Shakur Even though I'm innocent of the charge they gave me, I'm not innocent in terms of the way I was acting. I had a job to do and I never showed up. Tupac Shakur Everybody raps. We rap to make money. We do business. Ain't no other record company out there that sold as many records as we did. Tupac Shakur From now on, it's not going to be a strictly black thing with me. I apologized to Quincy Jones for the stuff I said about him and his wives. Tupac Shakur Hip Hop was supposed to be this new thing that had no boundaries and was so different to everyday music. As long as it has soul to it, hip hop can live on. Tupac Shakur I ain't calling me God. I'm just doing my part on where I think hip hop should go. I think hip hop should be about more money, crazier sounds, different beats. Tupac Shakur I appreciate them stickin' up for me when everyone was kickin me when I was down. That's love and I'll never trade that. Tupac Shakur I can make my way in this business besides rapping. Tupac Shakur I can only be committed to my work or my wife. I didn't want to hurt her; she's a good person. Tupac Shakur I didn't know I was shot in the head yet. I didn't feel nothing. Puffy was standing back. They shot me in my head five times. Tupac Shakur I do not suggest that children buy this album. There's a lot of cursing. There's a lot of raw game that needs to be discussed in a family moment before you let them listen. Tupac Shakur I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated. Tupac Shakur I don't have to talk about whether or not I got raped in jail. Tupac Shakur I don't see myself being special; I just see myself having more responsibilities than the next man. People look to me to do things for them, to have answers. Tupac Shakur I feel close to Marvin Gaye, Vincent van Gogh, because nobody appreciated his work until he was dead. Now it's worth millions. Tupac Shakur I feel that what was done in the dark will come to light. There are secrets everybody's gonna find out about. Tupac Shakur I just don't know how to deal with so many people giving me that much affection. I never had that in my life. Tupac Shakur I just put out a hardcore double album. Next I'm gonna put out an introspective album. Tupac Shakur I just spent 11 and a half months in a maximum-security jail, got shot five times, and was wrongly convicted of a crime I didn't commit. Tupac Shakur I know my life's not in danger. They shouldn't feel like they gotta worry about me. Tupac Shakur I never killed anybody, I never raped anybody, I never committed no crimes that weren't honorable. Tupac Shakur I swear to God, the farthest thing from my mind was sympathy. All I could think of was, Stand up and fight for your life like you fight for your life in this hospital. Tupac Shakur I think I'm a natural-born leader. I know how to bow down to authority if it's authority that I respect. Tupac Shakur I used to believe I could never be touched. Now I'm more careful because I have been shot. I know what that feels like. My choices have already been made. Tupac Shakur I used to dress in baggies and sneakers. They took me shopping; that's when I bought my Rolex and all my jewels. They made me mature. They introduced me to all these gangsters in Brooklyn. Tupac Shakur I went in cold turkey, read, God was with me... The movie is about kids and their coming of age. It's not a hip hop movie. My character is Roland Bishop, a psychotic, very violent individual. Tupac Shakur I worked hard all my life as far as this music business. I dreamed of the day when I could go to New York and feel comfortable and they could come out here and be comfortable. Tupac Shakur I would rather have been shot straight-up in cold blood-but to be set up? By people who you trusted? That's bad. Tupac Shakur I wouldn't sit down and have a conversation with Puffy and Biggie because that's like Scarface sitting down with the dude he's hoping to rule. They are not on my level. Tupac Shakur I'd be in my hotel room, smoking too much, drinking, going to clubs, just being numb. That was being in jail to me. I wasn't happy at all on the streets. That was the addict speaking. Tupac Shakur I'm 23 years old. I might just be my mother's child, but in all reality, I'm everybody's child. Nobody raised me; I was raised in this society. Tupac Shakur I'm a reflection of the community. Tupac Shakur I'm a smart general and I'm not gonna attack at no blind soldier. I'm gonna attack those who attack me. Tupac Shakur I'm calling for dialogue. I'm gathering attention for dialogue which is what you do in a struggle for power. Tupac Shakur I'm not a gangsta rapper. I rap about things that happen to me. I got shot five times. People was trying to kill me. Tupac Shakur I'm the rebel totally going against the grain. I always want to do the extreme. I want to get as many people looking as possible. Tupac Shakur If anybody finds Janet, tell her I'm looking for her. She ain't my enemy. I want her to know that. She met me at a time in my life when I was real immature. Tupac Shakur If Colin Powell was president, I'd follow him. I wanna get into politics. That's the way for us to overcome a lot of our obstacles. Tupac Shakur If I win and get the money, then the Oakland Police department is going to buy a boys' home, me a house, my family a house, and a Stop Police Brutality Center. Tupac Shakur If you believe in God, believe in Death Row East. Tupac Shakur If you make me do it, then I don't wanna do it, I don't care how many albums you brought. Tupac Shakur If you're a black man, they really call you out and have you deal with them. Tupac Shakur In Marin City it seemed like things were real country. Everything was straightforward. Poverty was straightforward. Tupac Shakur In spite of the gangs and all that we still came up with this culture. We never got what we deserved. Tupac Shakur Instead of of being so metaphorical with the rhyme, I was encouraged to go straight at it and hit it dead on and not waste time trying to cover things. Tupac Shakur It seems like every time you come up something happens to bring you back down. Tupac Shakur It's a struggle for every young Black man. You know how it is, only God can judge us. Tupac Shakur It's no longer a fad to be down for the young Black male. Everybody wants to go past. Like the gangster stuff, it just got exploited. Tupac Shakur It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave. Tupac Shakur My music will mean something. I'll have my own production company. I'm doing my own movies. I have my own restaurant. I just wanna expand. Tupac Shakur Nobody ever came to save me. They just watch what happen to you. Tupac Shakur Other people need to just know that life's a bitch! Tupac Shakur People on the East coast are real proud and real cultural and real strong like we are on the west coast. Tupac Shakur Puffy wrote me while I was in jail. I wrote him back that I don't got no problems with him. I don't want it to be fighting, I just wanna make my money. Tupac Shakur Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real. Tupac Shakur Recognize us. By sales and by representing. Tupac Shakur Snoop went on trial for murder. Somebody said Dre was in the car. Tupac Shakur Sometimes when I'm drunk I think to myself, Should I just stop trying and give up? They're waiting for me to give up. So this is just a fun little game that I cry at sometime. Tupac Shakur The addict in Tupac is dead. The excuse maker in Tupac is dead. The vengeful Tupac is dead. God let me live for me to do something extremely extraordinary. Tupac Shakur The Bay is the type of place where if you ain't there, they're gonna talk about you. Tupac Shakur The first two days in prison, I had to go through what life is like when you've been smoking weed for as long as I have and then you stop. I didn't know myself. Tupac Shakur The only time I have problems is when I sleep. Tupac Shakur There's nobody in the business strong enough to scare me. Tupac Shakur They thought they were just gonna make millions and there wasn't gonna be no problems? You wanna be in the rap game, hustle for it just like I had to do. Tupac Shakur This ain't no game. If this was chess, we'd be yelling checkmate three years ago. Tupac Shakur Thug Life to me is dead. Tupac Shakur Tupac the son of the Black Panther, and Tupac the rider. Those are the two people inside of me. I was raised off those ideals. Tupac Shakur We already run these streets out here. We got the ways to make them use their talents to the maximum affect. And thats what it's about. Tupac Shakur What I learned in jail is that I can't change. I can't live a different lifestyle-this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made. Tupac Shakur When the charge first came up, I hated black women. Then, going to trial, I started seeing the black women that was helping me. It's mostly black female guards. They treat me with human respect. Tupac Shakur When you do rap albums, you got to train yourself. You got to constantly be in character. Tupac Shakur Whether I show up for work or not, the evil forces are going to be at me. They're going to come 100 percent. Tupac Shakur With all my fans I got a family again. Tupac Shakur You can't disrespect the love. You can't disrespect the peace treaty. Tupac Shakur You never know what's going on in somebody's mind. There's a lot of pressure on someone growing up. You have to watch it. Tupac Shakur

No comments: